Access to and use of BirdLife Botswana site (hereafter known as ‘the website’) is provided by BirdLife Botswana subject to the following terms:
- By using the website you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use the website.
- BirdLife Botswana may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes. Your continued use of the website after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
- All material on this site is copyright BirdLife Botswana 2016 unless otherwise stated. You are permitted to view the contents of this site on screen. You are also permitted to make copies of reasonable extracts from the site for your personal use or private study and to save reasonable extracts to your local hard disk for your personal use or private study. It is strictly forbidden to copy any material from this website for commercial use (other than as necessary for the purpose of viewing the site in the course of business). You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any BirdLife Botswana content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of BirdLife Botswana content requires the prior permission of BirdLife Botswana. If you have any queries regarding use of material on our website, please contact the Director. (Please note that BirdLife Botswana are generally happy to provide use of material in instances where the conservation of birds or the work of our organization is helped or promoted.)
- The BirdLife Botswana logo must not be used to link to our site or in other ways represent BirdLife Botswana on other websites without explicit permission from the Director (Link to email@example.com email). The only exceptions to this rule are for associated BirdLife Partners and Affiliates.
- You are welcome to link to material on the BirdLife Botswana website so long as appropriate credit is given in the link title. You may not link to images or other downloadable resources unless explicit permission from the relevant BirdLife Botswana Officials has been sought, or it falls under the general copyright statement above. Please note we do not have a generic 'links' page. We link to other sites as and when we feel it adds value to the content on our site. The decision to link is an editorial one. We do not generally link to commercial enterprises of any nature except those that we have an affinity partnership with.
- Content on the BirdLife Botswana website, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to BirdLife Botswana, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- BirdLife Botswana will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential damages, or any damages arising from use or loss of use, data or profits, arising from or in connection with the use of the website. Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to the website, we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
- BirdLife Botswana does not warrant that functions contained in the website’s content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You must take your own precautions in this respect as we accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything which has destructive properties.
- The presentation of material on this website and the geographical designations employed do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of BirdLife Botswana concerning the legal status of any country, territory or area, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Botswana Government.
Plot 1069 KO, Kgale
Office Hours: 08:00 – 13:00 and 14:00 - 17:00 Tel/Fax: 3190540/1
BirdLife Botswana is a charity. Registered in Botswana No. CR6390 Registered office as above. A list of representative or directors of the Organization can be obtained from the BirdLife Botswana registered office.
11. Your choice
The use of the BirdLife International website does not require you to disclose personal information unless you choose to give it for a specific purpose, such as news subscription or requesting further information regarding membership enrolment. At all ￼points where personal information is required, a statement will appear explaining how this information will be used.
If you do not want your information to be used in any of the ways listed you may opt- out by ticking the box provided.
This website offers donation, membership and online shop purchasing facilities. However, you are advised to keep your confidential information safe including credit cards details by using a trusted location or device of internet access.
12. Third Party Security
BirdLife Botswana with due respect to its valued Web site visitors, has registered for e-commerce merchant account facilities with a recognized Banking Institution for security purposes.
This is provided by third party websites on our behalf, which are covered by their own privacy and security policies.
13. Data protection
When your name and address are requested, unless otherwise specified, BirdLife Botswana would like to hold details about you to potentially send you further information about our work. BirdLife Botswana may contact you about our fundraising and campaign work.
14. Children's Privacy
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children. We take specific steps to protect the privacy of children by making reasonable efforts to ensure that a parent has authorized the collection of the child's personal data. We do not provide information about our personal data practices in relation to children on our home page, or at those sites on our Web site where we collect personal data.
This site provides users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications
from us at the point where we request information. This site gives users the following option for removing their information from our database should they wish to not receive any future communications:
Write to the following address:
BirdLife Botswana The Secretary, BirdLife Botswana,
PO Box 26691,
Game City ,